Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Department: Surgical Program - Operating Room
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Monday to Sunday, various rotating 7.5 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will use the nursing process in providing patient care to surgical patients in the role of scrub nurse in all services. The RPN will participate as a member of the surgical team including perioperative role in all services. The RPN will participate actively in the patient’s perioperative experience advocating for the patient while working within an interprofessional team environment. The RPN practices according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice in keeping with the policies, procedures and standards of Halton Healthcare.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS Certification required at time of hire
- OR certification required
- Minimum of two years experience within the perioperative scrub role within a variety of operating room services required
- Evidence of good technical operating room skills that adhere to AORN/ORNAC standards of practice for a scrub nurse role
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal , problem-solving skills as well as negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act as resource and role model
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete assignments reflecting the Operating Room standards of practice for an RPN in the scrub role
- Ability to perform in an emergency situation appropriately
- Able to transfer, turn and lift patients both manually and with mechanical aides
- Flexibility in scheduling is expected to meet the scheduling needs of the Operating Room
- Good team player with positive attitude
- Evidence of continued learning relative to the position
- Must be physically able to do the job, which involves heavy lifting and intensive physical effort
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary: $24.53 - $30.66 per hour
Date Posted:May 26, 2020
Internal applications due by:June 2, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.