Registered Practical Nurse
Part-time opportunities in Toronto, ON
If you’re a Registered Practical Nurse looking to contribute to the development of a new unit including programming and clinical processes, this position could be for you!
At the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), we count on the expertise and dedication of our skilled inter-professional teams to meet the health care needs of clients with a wide range of diagnoses, and their families. We aim to enhance this care at our new Crisis and Critical Care Building located at CAMH’s Queen St. site. The home of our new Early Psychosis Unit in the Child Youth and Emerging Adults Service, this new building will offer spacious units, safe access to outdoor space and a variety of features designed improve patient care.
The Child Youth and Emerging Adult Program of CAMH has part-time permanent positions for Registered Practical Nurses to work in our new EPU-PICU unit. As a Registered Practical Nurse, you will:
- Provide client-centered psychiatric and general nursing care for clients experiencing a variety of mental health issues and addiction.
- Be expected to ensure the security and safety of the inpatient unit, and practise in accordance with CNO standards of nursing practice, CAMH policies and procedures, and the CAMH Practice Model of Care.
- Collaborate with the inter-professional team, perform assessments, and develop, implement and evaluate the inter-professional plan of client care, and provide education, support and supervision to students.
This position requires day, evening, night and weekend rotations . This position will begin on the Early Psychosis Unit at 250 College St prior to the unit’s move to the Crisis and Critical Care Building at CAMH’s Queen St site at 1001 Queen St West.
A registered member, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario, you bring a comprehensive knowledge of emergency psychiatry, crisis intervention, severe and persistent mental illness, addiction issues, and trauma issues. You also have a demonstrated ability to make behavioural observations, complete mental status assessments, monitor a patient’s response to pharmaceutical and care interventions, and provide ongoing communication with an inter-professional team. Additionally, you will have:
- A current B.C.L.S. (CPR) certificate.
- Medication administration certification or have completed a Registered Practical Nurse diploma program that included medication administration.
- The ability to work with clients of diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Computer literacy.
- Psychiatric nursing experience with individuals with mental illness and/or addictions.
- A strong knowledge of psychiatric nursing and addiction issues.
- Bilingualism (French/English) and/or proficiency in a second language.
- Experience working with a transitional aged youth population
- Solid understanding and application of the principles of early intervention in psychosis
Please Note: These part-time, permanent positions are part of the OPSEU Bargaining Unit.
Salary Range: $27.70 - $33.07 per hour
Please visit us at www.camh.cafor more details about our organization.
To apply please click the apply button.
CAMH is a Tobacco-Free Organization.
CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a teaching hospital and research institute. As a CAMH employee, you will be expected to actively support CAMH’s teaching and research activities, in addition to supporting the clinical work of the hospital.
As an employment equity employer, CAMH actively seeks Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, people with disabilities (including people who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges), and additional diverse identities for our workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.