Location: Ottawa, ON
Status: Full-time contract for 1 year
Salary: $40 hourly
Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) - Ottawa, ON
Are you an experienced mental health professional with strong clinical experience in the areas of assessment and treatment of trauma, grief/loss, mood/anxiety-related difficulties, and personality disorders? If you are passionate about excellence with a proven ability to deliver quality services in an effective and collaborative way and looking to be part of a blossoming team that strives to make a difference in people’s lives; this position is an opportunity to make your mark within community’s needs concerning mental health. Hope & Growth Counselling is presently seeking a Registered Psychotherapist or Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) to service the Ottawa Region and surrounding areas. In this position, you will also contribute to Hope & Growth Counselling’s purpose and values by working alongside a strong team of like-minded professionals.
As a Registered Psychotherapist or Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying), you will:
- Provide psychotherapeutic assessment and treatment to individuals with a wide-range of mental health symptoms and conditions.
- Be responsible for working effectively and collaboratively with a clinical supervisor as well as necessary medical professionals to provide concurrent treatment that supports clients getting back to their normal living activities and daily functioning.
- Be responsible for accurate file maintenance.
- Establish strong therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Utilize clear and effective communication skills.
- Provide sound clinical acumen and ethical judgment.
- Make appropriate and effective use of self in clinical treatment.
To take on the role of Registered Psychotherapist or Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) you must:
- Be a Registered Psychotherapist or Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario (CRPO).
- Have a Master's degree in counselling or psychotherapy from a recognized university.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of post-graduate clinical experience with an adult population administering assessments, creating treatment plans, and delivering psychotherapeutic services for individual clients.
- Have clinical knowledge and experience working in the areas of trauma, grief/loss, depression, anxiety, depression, as well as mood and personality disorders.
- Have training in and experience integrating CBT, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, DBT, Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Object Relations, Attachment, Expressive Arts, Narrative, and Mindfulness approaches where clinically appropriate to suit a variety of clinical cases.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Be comfortable in and have experience with collaborating and communicating in a team environment.
- Carry professional liability insurance in the maximum amount to cover psychotherapeutic services rendered.
- Agree that your practice of psychotherapy will be conducted in accordance with the Psychotherapy Act (Ontario), and you will follow all the CRPO’s Professional Practice Standards for Registered Psychotherapists and the CRPO’s regulations, including fully participating in the CRPO’s Quality Assurance Program and completing all client reports and related documentation in a timely fashion.