Vancouver South Animal Hospital is growing! We are looking for a compassionate Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to assist the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work. The RVT assists in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, dental procedures, surgeries, immunizations, euthanasia as well as client education, marketing and inventory maintenance. The RVT must have working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs and common diseases; their symptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations. Vancouver South Animal Hospital offers a collaborative environment of compassionate and friendly professionals who care. We are passionate about providing the ideal work/life balance with excellent flexible work schedules and a vibrant work environment. We have a full time position available.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- RVT diploma and Vet-Tech experience
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, and requesting lab tests
- Knowledge of the instruments, materials, and standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations and provide 'tableside' assistance
- Experience handling and treating patients with skill, compassion and care including: Monitoring during anesthesia, administering fluids, assisting in diagnosing, surgery and general and specialized nursing care
- Experience performing lab test and accurately dispensing and administering medications and vaccines while inputting data into the computer software system
- Strong communication and client service skills, as well as considerable tact and diplomacy and the ability to work with clients and patients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- The proven ability to work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital the doctors and the practice philosophy
- Passion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards caring for pets
- Strong desire to collaborate with others in your healthcare team
- Loyalty building customer service skills
- Career growth opportunities to hold key leadership positions
- Networking, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other RVTs and veterinarians within our practices
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities including digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, modern ultrasound and in-house lab testing
- Flexible Schedule.
- Group Health and Benefits Plan
- Vacation & paid time off
- Staff discount program for products and services purchased at the Hospital
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply with your Resume and Cover Letter.
7555 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 3H6
Powered by JazzHR