|Job Title:||Rehabilitation Assistant (Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy)|
|Work Site:||Rehabilitation Services, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Part Time (0.40 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$26.49 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Rehabilitation Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Rehabilitation Assistant to join the Rehabilitation Services team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Rehabilitation Assistant focused in Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy you will:
- Work closely with the Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Practice Coordinators, and designated Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist to carry out established rehabilitative activities in both occupational therapy (OT) and physiotherapy (PT) scope of practices.
- Support the team with duties such as:
- receiving assignments and implementing lower risk interventions related to the clinical aspects of OT/PT care plans;
- demonstrating and teaching activities;
- adapting devices to enable patients/clients/residents to maximize their potential for independence;
- providing functional direction to patient/client/residents and family;
- and assisting with practicing daily living skills.
- Report relevant observations of patient/client/resident progress and behaviours.
- Provide direction to volunteers, organize and clean equipment and supplies for activities, and maintain an established inventory of supplies.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.