At Survalent, we help utilities around the world to keep the lights on. We provide an amazing software product that helps our customers make the best operational decisions. As we grow and continue to service the various needs of our clients, we need great people to help us along this journey. We are currently looking for a Release Manager to join our growing organization. Under the direction of the VP of Customer Success, the Release Manager will be responsible for managing the software release process. This role will work towards coordinating the efforts of a number of teams across the organization with respect to all software releases. If this role sounds intriguing please continue to read on to learn more about this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and managing a product release process that follows industry standards and best practices. The goal is to ensure that product releases are delivered on time and with high quality to ensure continued customer satisfaction. This will involve coordinating activities during the release planning stage, monitoring and controlling the release plan during the development and testing stage, and coordinating product launch.
- Responsible for ensuring there is a full suite of regression test procedures, test equipment, and test data for all functional and non-functional requirements. This will involve working closely with the organization (Development, Quality Assurance, Project Delivery, Customer Support, etc.) to ensure the regression test procedures are comprehensive, up-to-date, and effective. The regression test procedures must follow industry standards and best practices.
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and managing test automation to improve the efficiency of the release process while increasing test coverage and minimizing defect leakage. This will involve working closely with the Development team to prioritize functional areas that are good candidates for test automation, and managing the implementation of test automation tools and procedures.
Expected skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of industry standards for software quality assurance is required.
- Minimum five years of experience in software quality assurance is required.
- Minimum five years of experience implementing test automation is required.
- Experience with Jira, Zephyr and Confluence is preferred.
- Utility industry knowledge and experience with SCADA, Outage Management Systems (OMS), and Distribution Management Systems (DMS) is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) is required.
- Ability to work independently to achieve operational goals.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Vice-President of Customer Success. We offer a very competitive compensation package which includes excellent benefits and a profit-sharing plan. If you are interested in joining a growing organization, please apply with your cover letter and resume by selecting the following link:
Survalent Technology Corporation is the leading provider of real-time smart grid management system for enabling visualization, optimization and improved operations for utilities. For six decades, we have helped more than 650 utilities use operational data to increase reliability, efficiency and customer service. With our proven and reliable SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Substation Automation (SA) solutions, utilities transform data into actionable intelligence. We partner with utilities across the globe to create mission critical solutions that will achieve the promise of the Smart Grid.
Survalent values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of all races, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, family status, and those with disabilities to apply. Survalent is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.