We are looking for an enthusiastic Remote Fundraising Representative to contribute in generating donations for our charities. As part of the phone campaign, you will be responsible in contacting the public as well as current and previous donors to upgrade or renew or gain their support. An effective Telephone Fundraiser must be an excellent communicator, so genuine passion for the cause and have superior people skills. The campaign also seeks to ensure that contact details for current donors are up to date so that their support can continue. The Telephone Fundraiser must be professional, outgoing and comfortable with speaking over the phone with donors.
Telephone Fundraiser Responsibilities
- Contact potential or existing donors to inform them about the charity's work and encourage/take donations.
- Take and process donations in an accurate manner by ensuring accurate recording of donor contact and payment details.
- Answer donor Questions about the charity's work.
- Enter and update donor information in the database.
- Keep records of calls and note useful information.
- Work to achieve and exceed the 3 key fundraising performance areas which include; pledge rate, monthly contribution and average value.
- Willing to take on feedback and advice to constantly improve your performance and calling techniques.
What we offer when you join our team
- Escalating hourly rate plus bonuses and performance-based incentives.
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Ongoing training and development.
- The chance to be part of something that matters and make a difference in the world.
Skills and Requirements
- A genuine passion for fundraising and making a difference.
- Previous experience in customer service, fundraising, or telemarketing experience.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting targets preferably over the phone.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport over the phone and deal with rejection without becoming discouraged.
- Positive attitude, professional and self-driven.
All successful candidates should have the following:
- A computer or laptop running Windows 10, MAC operating system is not compatible.
- Wired earphones as Bluetooth earphones are not stable enough to be used for calling.
- Microphone, whether you are using the integrated microphone on your computer or one that is attached to a headset or earphones it will work.
- Ability to install PhonerLite version 2.77 on your computer.
"At UP Fundraising we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations."