Are you seeking a stable, consistent career with a competitive wage and great benefits?
JBS Canada is not just another food company where our team members clock in and clock out, following the same routine day after day after day. We are a food company that is deeply passionate about ensuring the wellness and connectivity of our team members. We know that every company says it, but we honestly mean it, we live and breathe it, we go to sleep thinking about how we can make our team members' lives meaningful and full. We do this while producing the best quality beef that Canada has to offer to customers all over the globe.
We are relentless in pursuing our mission - to be the best in all that we do. We are completely focused on our business, providing the best products and services to our customers, building a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders, and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
In this unrelenting pursuit, we are seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join our Rendering department in BROOKS, AB. You will utilize your supervisory and mechanical skills and experience to be ensure the smooth and uninterrupted operation of our production areas.
Join our team of 2,800 people and enjoy awesome discounts within the community, employer RRSP matching, extended health care and more!
NOTE: This role will be located in Brooks, Alberta
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises plant maintenance personnel, and is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, controlling co-ordinating, scheduling and assigning all work requirements associated with breakdown, preventative maintenance, predictive technologies, project and day to day work orders while ensuring compliance with all internal and external regulations in maintenance.
- Provide immediate response to operational maintenance concerns and communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all areas to minimize interruptions in production.
- Maintain accurate records of management, operations and maintenance through compliance with company policies, procedures and property loss programs.
- Supervises repairs/projects carried out by Maintenance personnel and Contractors and ensures the quality of their work and their adherence to deadlines through rigorous follow-ups;
- Plans and controls expenditures in accordance with the operating budget of the department;
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures while ensuring compliancy with all regulations pertaining to the maintenance department are met at all times.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational background in mechanical or engineering technology (diploma or degree), and coupled with a Journeyman Trade Designation (or equivalent) is considered an asset.
- Three years supervision experience in the maintenance and/or operation of process manufacturing facility in a fast paced unionized environment. Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of a continuous process manufacturing facility and strong experience with equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics and, piping repairs with maintenance of processing equipment is considered an asset.
- Experience with Process Improvement Methodologies (Six Sigma, TPM, etc.)
- Experience driving Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Willingness and flexible to work in shift as scheduled (afternoon shift/weekends)
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Excel interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Windows and MS Office suite.
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test
Earn Competitive Wage
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC.
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6 Apply online https://jbsfoodcanada.ca/