Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 127884
Location: Toronto, ONT
Legal Entity: Evonik Canada Inc.
Business Line: Health Care
Evonik is one of the world’s leading specialty chemicals companies. We concentrate on high growth megatrends, especially health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. That means a world of opportunities for you. There is no better time than right now to build your future with us and be part of our international team. More information can be found atwww.evonik.com
- Work with multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and business managers to develop novel chemistries for improving the biocompatibility and functionality of materials for healthcare and medical device applications
- The areas of activity include polymer synthesis and purification, material characterization, process optimization, raw material evaluation and scale-up.
- Contribute ideas aimed at advancing company technologies and creation or development of novel technologies
- Design and perform a range of experiments in the laboratory independently to develop new oligomers, polymers, and biomaterial formulations
- Develop test methods and standard operating procedures for new analytical techniques and equipment
- Review current processes and innovate improvements and optimization opportunities
- Prepare research proposals, batch records, reports, SOPs, and presentations as required, and maintain proper documentation
- Communicate and present project results to team members, managers, and management as required
- Interact with suppliers, contract manufacturers, and contract testing facilities as required; assist with scale-up from development to production quantities
- Perform literature searches to seek information and keep abreast of new developments in the fields of functional polymers, analytical techniques and medical device applications.
- PhD in organic chemistry or polymer chemistry
- 3-5 years research and experimental design experience in academia or industry
- High-level knowledge of organic and polymerization reactions and their mechanisms
- Strong ability to design, develop and trouble shoot multi-step syntheses
- Demonstrated ability to design and innovate novel polymer chemistries to achieve target performance properties or design requirements
- Practical knowledge and experience with characterization techniques such as NMR, FTIR, MS, GPC, HPLC, TGA, DSC, etc.
- Laboratory safety training and experience including safe handling of chemicals, drugs, compressed gases, and biologics
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work within cross-functional and global teams
- Working knowledge of pharma/medical device quality systems
- Working knowledge of literature reviews, IP and patent application/review process
This is a great opportunity to work with engaged, committed and dedicated colleagues in an innovative and progressive environment. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits and career development opportunities. To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com. Thank you for your interest in EVONIK.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 127884
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.