Manpower is currently seeking a Junior Research Engineer for a long term contract position for a large petrochemical client in Calgary, AB.
- Develop of solution techniques
- Applying ASTM, NACE, ISO and other testing standards
- Design and construction of experiments and test rigs to solve specific problems/opportunities
- Ensure accuracy of results, identify unusual trends, recommend and take agreed upon corrective actions
- Suggest improvements to numerical approach, equipment, procedures and processes
- Prepare internal technical reports and external papers for conferences and journal publications
Required Education / Experience:
- A doctorate degree in chemical, metallurgical engineering, chemistry or material science with over 3 years of related experience, or a graduate degree with over 6 years of related practical experience
- Candidates must have demonstrated excellent academic records and achievements; please submit transcripts with your resume when applying
- Proven working experience as a technical lead
- Excellent understanding of corrosion failure mechanisms, corrosion mitigation methods, corrosion monitoring and electrochemical measurements
- Experience with failure analysis and root cause data-gathering
- Experience to initiate, lead and supervise R&D projects and/or programs
- Strong knowledge in the fields of corrosion, corrosion mitigation methods, electrochemistry, material performance, and metallurgy
- Strong analytical, experimental, simulation and project management skills are required
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-437-4556.
Alternatively, you can view our current open positions on manpowerab.com.
Even if this one might not be the one for you, please do not hesitate to send your email to Calgary.email@example.com and let one of our Talent Management Consultants connect with you about our other opportunities.
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).