Established in 1988 at BC Children's Hospital Research Institute (BCHRI), the Vaccine Evaluation Center (VEC) is jointly supported by BC Children's Hospital and the University of British Columbia. The VEC brings together researchers from diverse backgrounds to work together towards a common goal of optimizing immunization programs and improving our understanding of vaccines.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global centre for research and teaching. Surrounded by the beauty of the Canadian West, UBC embraces bold new ways of thinking that attract exceptional students and faculty. It is a place where innovative ideas are nurtured in a globally connected research community, providing unparalleled opportunities to learn, discover and contribute.
The Vaccine Evaluation Center (VEC) is seeking a Research Nurse for a series of vaccine-related studies, including clinical trials.
This is a field level position for those nurses who have a minimum of one year vaccine clinical trials experience and excel at all field tasks. They will conduct a wide range of general nursing activities relating to the clinical trials performed by the Vaccine Evaluation Center (VEC).
- Duties are performed according to operating procedures, Clinical Trials (CT) protocols, Good Clinical Practices (GCP) guidelines, Health Canada Division 5 regulations, Federal Drug Administration (FDA) Code Federal Regulation (CFR) 51 regulations (where applicable) and VEC policies.
- Decisions are made for routine nursing such as appropriateness of immunization (ie contraindications or delays) and basic eligibility determination.
- All non-routine decisions concerning eligibility and/or immunization etc. are made in consultation with the CT coordinator, or the investigator in the coordinator's absence.
- Registered Nurse with BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCN)
- Minimum of one year experience
BC Children's Hospital Research Institue & UBC Faculty of Medicine, Pediatrics
Temporary Part Time (until September 15, 2020)
$33.90-$48.84 per hour
Closing date for applications: September 23rd, 2019
*** To apply go to: www.staffcareers.ubc.ca/35262
For more information, please contact Jennifer Mark : email@example.com
All positions in the Department of Pediatrics at BC Children's Hospital require a Criminal Record Check (CRC). A pre-employment CRC is required as part of the recruitment process and any offer of employment is contingent pending positive results of the CRC.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.