Residential Construction Supervisor
MIG Renovations is your go to company for all your home renovations in the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in making our finished projects like no other.
You tell us what you envision, and we will make it happen for you!
At the moment, we are looking for an experienced Residential Construction Supervisor to join our team. As Residential Construction Supervisor, you will be working closely with all units of the operations, specifically in the carpentry and maintenance departments, to ensure smooth operations and on-time project completion. The candidate will work with both hi-rise and low-rise projects so wide experience in the field is definitely a must!
- Coordinating and supervising schedules and activities of on-site workers, including sub-contractors, to ensure enough workers are present and timelines are followed;
- Reading drawings and blueprints and helping trades interpret the design and any special requests pertaining to the project on hand;
- Assisting management in projecting schedules and costs in order to prepare detailed projects planning;
- Ensuring required equipment, materials and other resources are available on site as required to meet project specifications;
- Resolving any on-site issues as required ensuring budget and timelines are considered;
- Overseeing safety and ensuring that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced;
- Maintaining and enforcing good construction standards and quality control;
- May train new workers to ensure they understand how the company works;
Qualified candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of experience as Site Manager/Foreman both in residential and light commercial renovations and construction)
- Good understanding of general renovations and trades
- Good English language communication skills
- Understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts;
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction drawings, blueprints, amendments and schedules
- Strong customer focus with ability to maintain effective relationships with all Stakeholders
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills with ability to work under pressure
Compensation and Conditions:
- $31.50 per hour, 35 hours per week
- Applicable overtime rate of $47.25 will apply after 44 hours of work per week
- Place of work: Main office will be located at 90 Carnival Court, Toronto, Ontario M2R 3T8. However, please note that this position will require travel as you will be required to visit properties for site inspection, estimation and assessment. Transportation will be provided by the company.
If you feel that your experience and qualifications are suitable for this position, please send your resume and cover letter by replying to this email.