Alliance Youth Services Inc.
Position Title: Residential Support Worker – Day Shift and Afternoon Shift
Location: Peel Region
Duration: Permanent full-time
Application Deadline: November 18, 2020
At Alliance Youth Services Inc, we strive to build the capacity and skills of individuals, families, caregivers and agencies to improve the quality of life for the individuals we serve. We provide a wide variety of services including Specialized Foster Care for children and adults, Staff Model Programs, Respite/Relief Services, Consultation for FASD or challenging behaviour, Diagnostic, Psychological and Assessment Services and FASD Training for agencies and caregivers.
We are a recognized leader in providing long-term care for individuals with FASD or that have had multiple failed placements. Our Management and Clinical Team, as well as Foster Parents and Support Staff receive comprehensive training and extensive support to ensure the children/youth and adults we serve have the highest standard of living possible and opportunities for long-term success. Our Specialized Foster Care and Staff Model Programs, as well as Psychological and Support Services are available to children, youth, adults, families, and agencies across Ontario.
At Alliance Youth Services the health and welfare of all employees and their families is of great importance. AYS provides group health benefits to all full-time employees who work 40 hours weekly and to all part-time employees who qualify.
- Implement strategies for individuals with specialized needs and/or mental health diagnosis
- Supervise clients and ensure that each client is receiving exceptional daily care
- Ensure that clients are engaged and involved in meaningful recreational activities
- Ensure clients health care and safety are maintained
- Implement and follow through with Plans of Care
- Support and assist co-workers with teamwork and sharing of responsibilities
- Behaviour management of clients using a preventative and proactive approach focusing on environmental modifications
- Abide by mandatory reporting procedures, write various necessary reports
- Maintain home cleanliness
- Medication administration
- Follow all company personnel policies
- Diploma or degree in a related field or relevant experience
- Organizational, decision-making and leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to function independently within the framework of a team
- Excellent written skills (ability to write legible, clear, and concise reports)
- Excellent computer skills (Working knowledge of MS Office)
- Always demonstrate maturity and reliability and be able to work under pressure
- Current and valid Class G driver’s license and a car
- Driving clients to appointments and recreation in your vehicle
- Valid automobile insurance
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must be able to obtain appropriate medical clearances
AYS is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants that need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org The Human Resources department will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
200 Dundas Street East, Unit 307
Belleville ON K8N 1E3