Alliance Youth Services Inc.
Position Title: Team Leader
Location: Peel Region
Duration: Permanent Full-time
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020
At Alliance Youth Services Inc, we strive to build the capacity and skills of individuals, families, care givers and agencies to improve the quality of life for the individuals we serve. We provide a wide variety of services including Specialized Foster Care for children and adults, Staff Model Programs, Respite/Relief Services, Consultation for FASD or challenging behaviour, Diagnostic, Psychological and Assessment Services and FASD Training for agencies and caregivers.
We are a recognized leader in providing long-term care for individuals with FASD or that have had multiple failed placements. Our Management and Clinical Team, as well as Foster Parents and Support Staff receive comprehensive training and extensive support to ensure the children/youth and adults we serve have the highest standard of living possible and opportunities for long-term success. Our Specialized Foster Care and Staff Model Programs, as well as Psychological and Support Services are available to children, youth, adults, families and agencies across Ontario.
At Alliance Youth Services the health and welfare of all employees and their families is of great importance. AYS provides group health benefits to all full-time employees and to all part-time employees who qualify.
- Supervise and oversee the supportive residential home and the implementation of strategies for clients with specialized needs and/or mental health needs.
- Model and utilize effective behaviour management strategies using a preventative and proactive approach focusing on environmental modifications.
- Provide leadership and supervision to residential support workers to ensure ongoing staff training and development.
- Support and assist staff with team cohesion and delegation of responsibilities.
- Ensure all documentation including client logs, incident reports, daily logs are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure maintenance, overall safety, and cleanliness of the residence.
- Maintain primary oversight of adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Complete all tasks associated with staff development and performance management.
- Approve timesheets, and mileage claim submissions for payroll.
- Oversee and track program budget completing all required documentation.
- Identify and report any safety concerns to the program manager and/or health and safety representative.
- Communicate with outside agencies and attend all necessary meetings as needed.
- Write Plans of Care/Person Centered plans and client goals and any other reports, as necessary.
- Diploma or degree in a related field or relevant experience.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is an asset.
- Ability to make sound decisions independently and effective during stressful situations.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to provide mentoring and coaching to staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Office.
- Current and valid Class G driver’s license and a car
- Valid automobile insurance
- Able to obtain a current Vulnerable Sector Check
AYS is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants that need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process should contact email@example.com The Human Resources department will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.