Job DescriptionJob Title: Respiratory Equipment AssistantWork Site: Vancouver General HospitalStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $23.66 per hourHours: variousReference#: 111894-hle
JOB SUMMARY:Under general supervision performs duties related to the maintenance of respiratory equipment and supplies by performing duties such as disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling equipment, identifying and replacing faulty parts and maintaining supplies inventory.QUALIFICATIONS:
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.