Position: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Salary: $26 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week, which involves some weekends and holidays
Employment type: full time, permanent
Location: Unit 322, 5300 No. 3 Rd, Richmond BC V6X 2X9
Bull King BBQ Restaurant is a famous Chinese restaurant located in Richmond. We serve various of noodles, BBQ, dishes and seafoods. Our goal is to provide delicious dishes and the ultimate dining experience to all customers. Due to expansion plan, Bull King BBQ Restaurant is looking for a Restaurant Assistant Manager to oversee all aspects of the restaurant operations and management.
- Assist in planning and supervising the daily operation of restaurant and supervise restaurant staff including servers and cashiers
- Set restaurant staff schedule and oversee staff performance
- Assist in recruiting, training, and instructing new staff
- Review restaurant inventory and order supplies when needed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Monitor financial performance of restaurant including revenues and costs
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Maintain the sanitation of the restaurant
- Manage customers’ expectations, handle and solve problems
- Promote restaurant food and services and grow revenues
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures and handle deposits
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Previous experience working in a Chinese restaurant is required
- Minimum 3 years of management experience in a hospitality industry is required
- Excellent leader with great people skills
- Proactive – sees life as choices and chooses to make a positive impact
- People oriented – enjoys working with our guests and associates; possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Growth oriented – knows that learning and growth are keys to personal and professional success and is willing and able to share learning with others.
- Results Oriented - focuses on getting results without compromising guest, people and financial areas.
- Knowledge of Cantonese and Mandarin is an asset
- Experience in expanding online catering business, familiar with online order system such as Fantuan Delivery, DoorDash, SkiptheDishes, etc is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours which may include some evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
Please send your resume by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome qualified candidates including foreign applicants to contact us by email and submit resumes. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.