Do you come to work buzzing with ideas? Do you have the gift of simplifying complex topics through words and images? Can you tell compelling stories about products, numbers, and people? Are you fascinated by trends and learning what’s behind them?
Best Buy Canada is looking for a curious, creative and passionate individual to join our Retail Operations team. Your career could take off at one of the world’s largest and most innovative retailers - and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers - while working with some of the coolest brands.
As a Retail Communications Specialist you will…
- Create engaging content for our retail teams
- Be the gatekeeper of information flow to our Blue Shirts
- Build relationships with key stakeholders so that you are always the first call for all communication to our stores
- Decide the best medium of communication based on the importance and change management required for the message
- Create compelling visual messages that are easy to understand
- Partner with the team to identify, build and deliver content, with a one-team mentality
- Be cool in a crisis
- Be keen to continuously learn more, improve your skillset, and take advantage of opportunities to advance your career
We hope you are passionate about…
- Making a difference – you want to enrich your audience with information that helps our Blue Shirts and customers
- Communication – you have exceptional verbal, written and visual communication skills, even when you are on a tight deadline
- Business – collaborating with individuals with different backgrounds and knowledge excites you
- News and current affairs – from pop culture to world politics, you love being an authority on the key stories of the day
- Having fun while being the best – you believe that positivity drives productivity and work should be stimulating
The experience we need…
- Experience where effective communication has been key (your background could be sales, marketing, or customer service, but you were the best at what you did, and you can prove it!)
- A strong interest and knowledge in news / current affairs and trends
- Social media savvy
- Advance skills in building knock out presentations
- A keen consumer with an understanding of how people shop and what retailers (traditional and e-commerce) are doing to entice new customers
- Previous experience in retail or consumer goods
- Tech or social media enthusiast
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Fluent in oral and written French
Why should you want to work at Best Buy?
- It’s fun. The atmosphere at Best Buy is energetic and exciting. We love innovation, and we support our teammates.
- We work with the world’s coolest brands: on collaborative projects, often as exclusive launch partners for new and exciting tech.
- We have a lively campus with 1,200 talented individuals in Burnaby with free parking and a terrific cafeteria. It’s a 20-minute drive from Main Street, and we operate a free shuttle to the Metrotown Sky Train station.
- Employees get great discounts on products that we sell on the Best Buy website and in-store.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries and excellent career opportunities.
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology