Job Position: Part Time Retail Experience Porter
EWG'Tinhorn Creek Vineyards
Reporting to: Retail & DTC Manager
April 11, 2019
At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Seasonal Retail Experience Porter to join our Tinhorn Creek Vineyards team. Tinhorn Creek Vineyardsin Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan's most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health and safety program. We are a 450-ton winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals in addition to a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer. We employ a basic and natural wine making approach and have a small but skilled team you would enjoy working with.
Reporting into the Retail and Direct to Consumer Manager, we are recruiting for a part time Retail Experience Porter, to support the Retail & Experience Team with setting up venues, dismanteling venues in all property scheduled activities.
We are looking for teammates with:
- A passion for working with the public and/or are interested in learning about wine
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- A "Can Do" attitude and enjoy working under pressure
- An understanding of how to provide best-in-class service for guests
- Ability to be a brand ambassador; you love to entertain others in a fun and engaging way
- Ability to work outside and capable of doing physical work
- Ability to move and lift/transport light to moderately heavy articles including tables, chairs, empty wine barrels, cases of wine/spirits (est. weight @ 40 pounds).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holiday work required with increased frequency during peak summer months
This teammate will be accountable for:
- Responsible for all set up and tear down activities for the retail/experience teams
- Ensuring venues are organized and prepared to create memorable guest experiences
- Receiving and restocking wine inventory
- Contributing to wine and wine club sales
- Assisting the retail/experience team by processing guest sales (via POS system) and Guest Relations bookings/reservations (via internal reservations systems)
- Understanding of the retail inventory control procedures and participates in monthly retail inventory process
***Incumbents for these roles must be a minimum of 19 years of age and in possession of a valid "Serve it Right" certification.
*Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than April 30, 2019
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In addition,per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.