The Retail Sales Specialist is responsible for the execution of the strategic plan for the client’s brand development, growth, and maintenance by working effectively with store management to increase sales and execute client-driven merchandising that meet the client’s expectations.
- Work closely with the appropriate client sales team to identify key customers to develop an in depth understanding of their decision making, communication, and retail execution work processes.
- Develop and communicate the client’s vision for the category into an action plan for each store that benefits both the client and the customer; Leverage and engage the necessary resources to execute the action plan in order to grow volume through incremental retail activities
- Develop strong one-on-one relationships with local and regional decision makers at assigned client locations in an effort to influence local and regional sales and buying strategies
- Work closely with the appropriate client team leaders to gain active participation in Customers District or Regional meetings.
- Actively engages at the store level in order to identify issues that could impact execution, and proactively recommend solutions to close gaps &/or capitalize on opportunities
- Pro-actively reports competitive data to the appropriate sales teams and retail teams to include: point-of-sale programs, new item initiatives, promotional activity, problem/opportunity stores
- Actively participates in conference calls to review retail store audits conducted by clients to develop and execute action plans and to address key issues and opportunities.
- Achieve appropriate client retail product mix within territory stores by establishing key relationships with store management and promoting new items, new shippers, missing category items, recommending item deletions, ensuring compliance with client plan-o-gram, recommending opportunities to cross merchandise, creating displays and themes related to items to support holiday/special promotion events
Additional duties as may be assigned.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2-5 years of previous sales or marketing experience in a retail operations setting including previous Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience
Skills and Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of business technologies, processes, merchandising, marketing within a retail operation
- Exhibits thorough understanding of specific retail operations and corresponding products
- A strong understanding of key retailers, go-to-market strategies and tactics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to influence others and achieve results
Software Requirements and Experience:
- 1-3 years of previous experience with Microsoft Office Products Suite
- 1-2 years previous experience with Adobe products
- This job will not exercise supervisory responsibilities of any nature.
- General Supervision: Under general supervision, this job receives assignments and is expected to carry them through to completion with substantial independence. Work is reviewed for adherence to instructions, accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standard practice or precedent. Recurring work clearly covered by guidelines may or may not be reviewed.
- Moderate travel including some overnights, weekend, and holiday travel 15-20%
- Retail Store Environment
- The ability to see, hear and speak. The ability to stand, stoop, bend, push, pull, climb, grasp and possible other actions as needed for the specific job. The ability to routinely lift 15-25 lbs., and the possibility of lifting up to 40-60 lbs. from the floor to waist or chest high depending on the requirements of the specific job.
CROSSMARK is committed to providing accessible employment practices and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.