At Alberta Blue Cross we do things a bit differently. Our vision, dedication to customer experience and community leadership set us apart. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, innovation and encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and regularly provide opportunities for training and career growth. If you’re excited about our brand and the contributions we make to the province then we’d love for you to join us!
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate full-time opening for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and results-driven Retention Representative in our Individual Products Call Centre, with the option to work from home. In this inbound and outbound call centre based in Edmonton, the focus is on customer experience, strong relationship building and retention using exemplary interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate will be passionate about being an ambassador for Alberta Blue Cross through providing exceptional experiences for our members on a daily basis. After comprehensive training and experience in the role, this position could have the opportunity to be a work from home position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Connect with Individual Product members to assess their plan and payment needs, utilizing strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately process payments or make payment arrangements for individual health plans.
- Handle plan cancellation requests and provide alternate member-focused solutions.
- Handle a variety of inquiries and questions and be able to provide the appropriate solution.
- Act as a liaison between members and all internal departments.
- Work independently and as part of a team to encourage a positive environment.
- Meet and exceed daily, monthly, and quarterly targets.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A strong desire to succeed, driven by individual results within a team-based environment.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that have previous call centre or customer service experience.
- Obtaining Accident & Sickness and Life License by successfully completing the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) and subsequent exams.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Proven commitment to the delivery of superior customer service and retention.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills focused on building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Positive attitude and a productive, professional and courteous manner.
- Self-directed and goal-oriented with a strong sense of accountability and resourcefulness.
- Requires superior organizational and time management skills and the ability to cope in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must work effectively with customers and fellow employees.
- Strength in the areas of flexibility, innovation, and independence.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities, including handling objections.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary, potential for incentives, benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.