If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2018, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the chance for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
We are seeking an analytical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities to provide analytics expertise to easyfinancial, its consumer lending business. The Risk Analyst supports the development, implementation and management of the appropriate level of risk analysis, monitoring and controls to ensure sound and consistent credit risk management practices that creates the foundation for profitable growth. Additionally, s/he will provide in-depth analytics to easyhome, the Company’s leasing business, liaising with various business units to meet their data requirements!
Data Mining, Modelling, and Analysis:
- Conduct guided analytical dives to properly diagnose, document and report on the drivers of unexpected changes to portfolio/origination composition and credit performance across multiple lending channels including retail, online lending and alternative. Communicate findings and the future impacts to losses to management.
- Assist Risk and Analytics leadership by supporting the development of risk models for the purposes of origination, account management and collections.
- Perform analysis leading to credit strategy optimization, including but not limited to customer risk segmentation development that improves the portfolio’s risk-reward profile.
- Forecast, track and measure key business metrics including loss rates, approval rates, loan conversion rates, and credit quality for new initiatives and marketing campaigns.
Forecasting and Reporting:
- Maintain a standard set of risk and performance reports that evaluate the overall credit risk of the portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of reports to identify delinquency and charge off trends at the vintage and segment levels. Apply observations to loss forecasting models to capture current trends and communicate to Senior Management to identify risks and opportunities to the forecast.
- Conduct sensitivity and scenario analyses to understand the impact of exogenous factors, policy and operational changes on delinquency and charge off levels.
- Assist Risk and Analytics leadership by providing an objective assessment of the risk profile and performance of the easyfinancial portfolio as well as the overall business unit by regularly monitoring key risk indicators, conducting periodic credit reviews, and consistently communicating findings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of quantitative methodologies, risk models and tools.
- Strong technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques.
- Possess a solid understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling utilizing tools such as SAS and SQL.
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action.
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving environment with shifting priorities with the capacity to handle multiple competing demands and meet tight turnaround timelines.
- Possess solid communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to convey complex information and concepts in understandable terms.
- University Degree in Statistics, Math or a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge and practical application of data mining and statistical principles involved in model development.
- Superior analytical skills – demonstrated ability to understand complex problems, detect trends, and understand data to develop and formulate solutions.
- Experience in Retail Credit Risk would be an asset but is not necessary.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: