Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We rank among Canada’s largest construction companies, are a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
Our career opportunities extend well beyond construction and engineering. We also offer exciting career growth and development in areas such as: accounting; administration; asset management; business development; communications; estimating; finance; health, safety, environment and quality; human resources; information systems/technology; investments; legal and risk management; purchasing; and SAP. As a member of one of these groups, you will play an essential role in supporting the successful execution of our projects and overall business operations by advising and applying your expertise to various improvement initiatives within your functional area.
Reporting the Director, Risk Management, the Subcontractor Default Insurance (SDI) Risk Manager will be responsible to:
- Lead the planning, preparation and implementation of the subcontractor default insurance (SDI) program.
- Manage the analysis of the underwriting information required for subcontractor prequalification.
- Collaborate with Director Risk on managing risk and insurance for Graham.
- Select and manage insurers and SDI programs.
- Engage proactively, through both verbal and written communication, with internal and external resources.
- Communicate expected performance to internal and external resources.
- Collect accurate information.
- Manage Operations and brokers to ensure insurance is in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Promote risk management throughout Graham.
- Provide recommendations and high levels of information to Operations so they can make an informed decision for insurance and risk options.
- Manage the provision of data for any claims with input from operations, the broker and the insurer.
- Track subcontractor risk training needs and lead training sessions for Operations staff.
To be Successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- University diploma/degree in Accounting or Commerce
- Minimum 3 years experience working in construction prequalification, surety, or a similar industry
- Experience obtaining references, and working with credit agencies
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications; specifically Excel and Word
- Familiarity with construction contracts/subcontracts would be an asset
- Surety (commercial or contract) underwriting experience would be an asset
- Ability to seek out information and interpret feedback received
- Ability to communicate effectively with various construction trades
- Ability to work well in group environments
- Exceptional organization skills
- Ability to make and support decisions
- Ability to work within multiple systems simultaneously
- Ability to function independently, and to determine the issues that need to be brought to management’s attention
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at www.graham.ca/careers.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6