Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The role of Ready Mix Operator is responsible for the primary day-to-day delivery of Ready Mix Concrete to Job Sites (Home Owner and Commercial) This role has a focus on customer relationships, providing great service with a positive attitude to ensure customers receive high-level delivery and Product from Lafarge. This is a customer-facing role that requires a service-oriented mindset and a professional approach.
- Adhere to all Lafarge safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Maintain equipment by doing daily Pre and Post trip inspections, have a good sense of accountability to keep equipment clean inside and out.
- Build and maintain relationships of trust with customers in assigned geography. Own the satisfaction of these customers at all times.
- Responsible for consistent and reliable customer service through delivery. Maintain a delivery service that is a positive, hassle-free experience for Lafarge’s customers.
- Able to coordinate around the City of Edmonton and surrounding areas, to maintain on-time deliveries.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Logistics and Operations teams as well as fellow operators.
- Have a flexible schedule. This position may require an individual to work different shifts as well be available most weekends.
- Understand traffic rules and regulations in a commercial vehicle and be courteous on the road.
- Open minded and a quick learner
- Participate in Lafarge Ready Mix Training Program
- Able to lift >50lbs.
Education and Work Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must have a Class 3Q (Air Brakes) or Class 1 Drivers License. Drivers abstract is required with application submission
- Experience in a related field preferred.
- Understanding of building materials industry, including product knowledge, an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building (External customers and internal Lafarge personnel)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Interpersonal savvy
- Customer interaction/customer focus
- Action-oriented/demonstrates drive
- Priority setting and time management
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Trust and credibility
- Peer relationships
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.