Job Type: Casual
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Banwell Gardens Care Centre, we are passionate about “Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Banwell Gardens Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Dundurn Place Care Centre follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since Banwell Gardens Care Centre opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
- Maintain a resident-centered approach in assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of resident care
- Liaise with Program senior leadership
- Liaise between the family and staff
- Coaches and leads other staff on behavioural care plan for residents
- Site visits to community partners and hospitals to assess for new admissions
- Liaise with outside behavioural care providers
- Liaise with long term care home physician(s)
- Provide case management for behavioural residents
- Update behavioural sections of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and Mini Data Set (MDS) care plan
- Lead implementation of care plan recommendations
- Facilitate care conference for all residents
- Monitor and evaluate the care provided
- Assist in the leading education and knowledge transfer to all staff on preventative behaviour management
- Participate in nursing research, resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives (e.g. Residents’ First);
- Maintain active membership in appropriate professional associations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Apply current knowledge regarding resident needs, gerontological principles, nursing care, general health maintenance and promotion
- Provide ongoing assessment of resident health status in accordance with defined policy and procedures
- Contribute to the evaluation of nursing care by comparing resident status to expected outcomes and goals and modify the care plan as appropriate
- Demonstrate self-awareness in realistic appraisal of personal practice, identifying strengths, weaknesses and plan for professional development
- Registered Nurse (BScn or Diploma)
- Registered as an RN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Prior managerial experience in long term care considered an asset
- Experience with quality improvement processes considered an asset
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.