Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a divsion of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team produce chassis systems utilizing innovative hydroforming, automated welding, and electrostatic coating processes within a large, safety-focused facility.
The Technical Team Member-Robotics/Weld works with the team to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responds to line calls and equipment failures. This role requires Team Members to work independently and must be able to work in an environment with many distractions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing their duties.
• Uses welding knowledge & experience for problem investigation and root cause determination
• Ability to troubleshoot jig and fixture issues for weld related concerns
• Recommend necessary adjustments to parts and machinery to ensure proper production run
• Troubleshooting on robots and weld controls including GMAW, Resistance Welding, & Fastener Welding
• Perform Preventative Maintenance as assigned
• Support production activities including making process improvement recommendations, implementing those improvements, cycle time improvements and First-off inspections as assigned
• Monitors quality of welds including weld destruct reports & makes corrections
• Provide welding related training to other departments as assigned
• Perform floor audits for quality of outgoing parts including service designated parts
• Participate in Fast Response meetings as required
• Review Health Chart data and work with Weld Specialists to create actions plans to address top issues
• Update weld documentation and audit as required
• Know and understand process documentation and customer specific requirements, as they relate to the job function
• Analyze, record, chart and maintain all documentation for maintenance records, projects and departments, including generating work orders and updates to the Preventative Maintenance System
• Deal with various vendors (Supplier and Equipment)
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving results
• Assist and support in all other technical areas, where required
• Ensure all operator safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
• Maintain a clean and environmentally safe workshop and production lines.
• Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Safety, Quality and Environment programs (ie. IATF, ISO14001)
• Understand, promote and live by Magna’s philosophies and Employee Charter
• Adhere to Modatek’s Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty
• Perform other duties as required
• Welding Technician diploma from a recognized Post-Secondary institution or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Robotics and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of English, both oral and written
• Demonstrated knowledge of Mathematics
• Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
• Ability to work independently, without supervision
• Ability to work to deadlines and support multiple demands
• Ability to uphold confidentiality
• Ability to work in locations inside and outside of the Modatek facility
• Ability to work overtime to meet customer requirements
• Our people are our greatest asset. As a valued Modatek team member, we offer you:
• A great work experience with a dedicated and diverse workforce
• A focus on safety, health and wellness, including a corporate wellness program, fitness membership discounts, and a subsidized cafeteria with health concious options
• Competitive extended health benefits
• A group RRSP with employer matching
• Participation int he Employee Equity and Profit Sharing Plan
• Company paid uniforms, allowances for prescription safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes
• Staff appreciation events
• Continuous training and development, including an educational reimbursement program
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.