Helios Roofing and Waterproofing Ltd. is seeking a Roofer (NOC7291) for our job-site locations in Lower Mainland area. It is a full-time position (40 hours/week), $30.00/hour, paid on a semi-monthly basis, 4% vacation pay. This is a temporary employment. For more information of our company, please visit our website at http://www.heliosroofing.com . Our business primary operating address is at 1B-3751 North Fraser Way, Burnaby, BC. The work location of this job varies depending on the construction site.
Main responsibilities and duties as a Roofer (NOC7291) include but are not limited to:
- Install roofs using shingles and metal materials on new residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings with sloped roofs;
- Replace or repair roofs using shingles and metal materials on old residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings with sloped roofs;
- Apply shingles and metal roofing, set flashing and expansion join, cut roofing underlayment and other roofing materials to fit roof corners;
- Install roofs using modified bitumen, TPO and EPDM materials on new residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings with flat roofs;
- Replace or repair roofs using modified bitumen, TPO and EPDM materials on old residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings with flat roofs;
- Apply modified bitumen, TPO and EPDM roofing, set flashing and expansion join, cut roof membrane and other roofing materials to fit roof corners;
- Install roof cap flashing, valley flashing, step flashing, wall flashing, skylight flashing, chimney flashing;
- Install, replace or repair above-mentioned roof systems using hand, power tools and all related equipment necessary to complete the job;
- Read, understand and explain drawings and specifications;
- Coordinate with other trades to the completion of the project.
- High School Education;
- Language of Work: English;
- Be able to perform all above-mentioned job duties;
- At least 3 years work experience in roofing or related scope of work;
- Completed Rooftop Safety Training and Fall Arrest Protection Training Course in the previous work
- Ability to read and follow instructions from blueprints, drawings and diagrams;
- Physical fitness level that will allow for quick movement, climbing, bending and lifting heavy loads up to 45 kg (100 lbs);
- Area of specialization on shingled roofs, modified roofing system, single-ply sheet membrane roofing system, skylights;
- Communication and teamwork skills including an openness to receiving feedback from superiors;
- General knowledge of roofing procedures, techniques and specialties;
- Strong work ethic and desire to perform quality work;
- Endurance to spend hours working in extreme weather conditions such as heat or cold.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to us to our mailing address at 200-5050 Kingsway, Burnaby BC, Canada, V5H 4H2. Our contact phone number is 604-783-2806.