We are searching for two (2) dynamic and hard-working individuals who are passionate about cleanliness and guest service to join our crew. Our Room Attendant will have proven attention to detail, the ability to work well on their own and as part of a team. They will be a self-starter and physically able to perform all cleaning tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Clean all areas of guest rooms in a thorough, timely and efficient manner, as per hotel standards. Productivity expectations are the completion of 14 rooms per day (8 hours shifts
- Monitor and maintain daily stock levels of linens and supplies
- Report lost and found items as per policy
- Provide friendly, courteous and efficient guest service
- Maintain guest safety and security by following set procedures
- Record and report any repairs as per hotel procedure
- Dispose of waste according to hotel recycling procedures
- Any other work as assigned by supervisory or management team
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous cleaning or hotel-related experience an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to bend, extend arm reach over-head, kneel and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Must be able to push, pull and maneuver a fully stocked cart
- Available for work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations and positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.