Ruby on Rails Developer
Core expertise required: Ruby on Rails (3-5 yrs.) + Appium/Selenium + Docker/Kubernetes
What types of projects will this candidate be working on?
- Mobile Automation Framework based on Appium/Watir, Built in Ruby Rails, packaged in Docker containers
This team is in Ottawa, but work currently will remain remote
• Primary focus: Development and design work on an existing test automation platform written in Ruby on Rails, leveraging the Appium and Watir libraries.
• Participate in design & planning sessions with overall automation project leads
• Lead and mentor a small team of junior software development interns using the platform for automated test development
• Develop and present platform architecture documentation using standard UML techniques
• Maintain a high standard of quality in all coded artifacts, providing clearly documented designs and coded solutions.
Skill & Experience Requirements
• Required: Recent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
• Required: Recent work experience (3yrs+) in software development using Ruby and Rails
• Required: Strong written and oral communications skills (in English)
• Required: Strong collaborative skills, working well within a team is essential
• Highly Desirable: Experience with, and working knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes
• Highly Desirable: Extensive experience with Git source control methodologies
• Highly Desirable: Experience working in Scrum teams, Scrum Master capability beneficial
• Desirable: Experience with Appium/Selenium/Watir automation frameworks
• Preferred: Experience with change management systems, I.e. GiT, SVN, VSS, etc.
• Preferred: Experience with defect reporting tools such as Jira, Zephyr, Bugzilla, etc.
• Bonus: Experience with Python programming