Irving Equipment Limited is a well-established Heavy Lift and Specialized Transport company with a diverse fleet of mobile and crawler cranes, SPMTs, and other specialized transport and lifting equipment with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and several other branches around Atlantic Canada and the United States.
At Irving Equipment, you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we are always seeking to attract the very best talent.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Safety Advisor to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Possess post-secondary education in Safety or related discipline with a minimum duration of 2 years would be an asset
- 5 or more years’ experience in a position related to Occupational Health and Safety, across a variety of industries
- Experience and knowledge in construction, heavy lift and heavy haul would be an asset
- Completion of, or commitment to complete, New Brunswick Construction Safety Association’s COR Training.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety regulations in Atlantic Provinces
- Experience leading a change within an organization
- Establish a culture focused on prevention and leading indicator activities.
- Educate employees and managers about good practices in occupational health and safety
- Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures related to health and safety
- Ensure compliance with JDI standards and occupational health and safety laws
- Conduct investigations related to incidents, and ensure that recommendations issued are applied
- Keep documentation up-to-date, track safety KPIs, analyze information
- Prepare statistics for key performance indicators
- Coordinate the activities of Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs)
- Analyze and keep up-to-date training records and requirements.
- Manage and maintain the various health and safety programs
- Develop, implement, maintain and continually improve the organizations Safety Management Systems as per ISO Registrations, Corporate and Customer Requirements
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Equipment Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Travel Percentage: 50%