SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
SAIT’s Athletic and Recreation department is hiring Safety Ambassadors to address the heightened awareness of public health measures impacting our SAIT campus properties and stakeholders. This is a temporary role targeted toward current SAIT students.
Large pool of casual labour to address the heightened awareness of public health measures impacting our SAIT campus properties and stakeholders. SAIT is responsible for and owns the outcomes related to the relaunch of our properties and programs. A casual staffing pool of student employees would be considered an intentional COVID-19 Risk Mitigation effort as we manage on-campus activities in a restrictive fashion with diligence and vigilance.
- Supporting the controls in place to meet physical distancing requirements and other hygiene and reasonable contact sanitation as outlined in our re-launch/re-opening/re-entry phasing.
- Minimize risk of transmission of infection among stakeholders in attendance within common areas and traffic pathways.
- Promote physical distancing including the managing of movements of people on campus
- Promote community and personal hygiene
- Employ a risk-aware mindset
- Support priority on-campus student activity as allowed by government
- Support additional sector specific guidelines
- Protect institutional reputation
Applicants must currently be enrolled in a SAIT program
- Customer Service & Facility Stewardship
- Safety Awareness & Hygiene Alignment
- Access Control & Gatekeeping
- Conflict de-escalation Skills
- Risk Assessment
- Physical demands of standing, walking and possible lifting/pushing/pulling
- First Aid Certification considered an asset
- Uncomfortable conversations and engagement with stakeholders
- Ability to escalate and work with SAIT security as required
- Potential Guest/Class list gatekeeping as required
- PPE adherence with masks and marked clothing to be provided from SAIT
- Candidates provide their own cell phones with access to SAIT wifi for communication purposes
- Ability to work evenings and weekend as required or made available
- Policies, Procedures, Foundational Documents:
- COVID-19 Guidance for Post-Secondary Institutions
- HSE onboarding and administration
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
OTHER: This position is not associated with any bargaining unit or association.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
- Job ID:req1996
- Job Location:Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification:Student Worker
- Job Type:Casual Hourly
- Employee Group:Other
- Position End Date:12/11/2020
- Department:Athletics & Recreation
- # of Positions:0
- Posting Closing Date:All applications must be received by: Ongoing at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.