Safety & Compliance Coordinator
100 Kennedy Road S, Brampton, Ontario, L6W 3E7
$24.00 per hour–The gross salary paid will be subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
None; other than employer EI & CPP contributions
4 % of the gross salary
Hours of Work:
32.00-40.00 hours a week. Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Develop and implement safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
- Carry out risk assessments and make recommendation on how risks could be reduced;
- Maintain drivers log according to MTO & DOT regulations. Monitor CVOR and DOT SAFER record on a regular basis
- Coordinate and participate in at a distance Job Task Observation (JTO) campaigns to determine all drivers are in compliance with policies and procedures; recommend corrective actions if required.
- Coordinates pre-employment physical examinations drug-screening for job applicants.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policies;
- Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis, and closure of corrective actions.
- Act as a professional liaison in case of government agency inspections concerning safety issues.
- Assist and ensure branch is maintaining employee safety training records; keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
- Keep records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics;
- Remain up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health, Safety and Environment legislation and any developments that affect the transportation industry;
Specific Job Requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in transportation safety and compliance. Familiarity with relevant current and pending Government Regulations in the industry.
- A college diploma in Business management/administration or equivalent experience required
- Possess an understanding and working knowledge of MS Office suite to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups;
- Ability to understand and analyze complex information and present it simply and accurately;
- An investigative mind, Attention to detail
How to apply:
By email to: email@example.com