Alberici Constructors, Ltd. is part of Alberici Corporation, a $2.6-billion North American construction firm recently ranked 31st largest General Contractor in Engineering News Record.
Operating in the Canadian construction industry since 1908, Alberici has served countless communities through the development of infrastructure, food manufactories and energy centers amongst others. At Alberici, we are proud of the quality of life our buildings bring to families throughout North America. Working at Alberici means satisfaction in knowing the work we do improves the lives of others. In turn, we continually invest in the development of our employees to provide them with fulfilling careers.
Come build your career with Alberici -- where tomorrow gets built today.
Alberici is searching for a Safety Manager to manage the Health and Safety program through development, implementation and oversight of the program. The Safety Manager will ensure the Health and Safety program is inclusive of the Alberici philosophy and meets all federal, provincial and local health and safety compliance laws and practices. The Safety Manager ensures programs are consistent with good, sound loss control practices and will increase profitability through reduction of loss exposures, increased employee awareness, positive employee attitudes and compliance with legal obligations.
This position requires travel to project sites and supports a variety of market segments including, but not limited to, water treatment, heavy industrial, industrial process, food and beverage, and civil.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains and oversees the execution of the Alberici SafeRing program
- Maintains and oversees the execution of Alberici’s Environmental program
- Develops and implements project specific safety programs
- Manages the comprehensive Return to Work (RTW) program
- Monitors and manages the Lost Time Injuries (LTI’s) program to ensure proper case management and risk
- Meets and establishes relationships with clients. Reviews their safety and environmental programs and procedures to ensure compliance with Alberici’s programs.
- Oversees the execution of subcontractor health and safety programs. Maintain subcontractor accountability to relevant legislation as well as Alberici and client expectations.
- Responds to site specific risk management/health, safety or environmental related concerns
- Develops and facilitates execution of company health, safety and environmental training programs
- Conducts random and scheduled project site inspections, communicates findings to ensure workplace safety and prepares reports
- Thoroughly investigates incidents/accidents and supports project management teams through the investigation process, including implementation of follow-up action plans
- Tracks and monitors trend in incident/accident reports and develops strategies for prevention
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and audits project site compliance with environmental protection requirements
- Ensures safety documentation/reports are accurate, complete and filed with the appropriate regulatory agency and/or appropriate insurance provider
- Assists in the preparation of safety related documentation for bid proposals
- Develops safety budget and assures expenditures do not exceed the budget
- Develops and implements workplace plans, such as emergency evacuations, fire, emergency, traffic controls, etc.
- Sources and recommends safety equipment for personnel and construction safety requirements
- Chairs committees and meetings in the organization on safety issues
- Provides support and guidance to the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) to ensure the safety requirements in the office are effectively in place
- Prepares reports related to safety for management
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Hires, trains, coaches, disciplines and develops employees
- Determines course of action to achieve departmental and organizational goals
- Completes performance communications and establishes clear expectations of performance for direct reports
Education, Experience and Skills
Post secondary degree/diploma in Health & Safety, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent plus 5 - 8 years related experience. Thorough understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as other safety related laws and regulations are necessary to apply the rules within the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
**Alberici is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be made upon request throughout the Recruitment process.See job description