Here's To Your Journey with Residence Inn
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The W Toronto, located at W Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A7 is currently hiring a Sales Executive (Start Jan 2020).
Hook, Line, and Sinker—a mastered craft for the Sales Executive of W Toronto! Under the guidance of the Director of Sales and Marketing, as the Sales Executive, you will steal the scene at every chance you get to drive sales and showcase what we are all about. You know how to work the room, owning each interaction as an opportunity to build relationships and brand loyalty. If you're going to “talk the talk”, then you better know how to “walk the walk”. Behind the scenes, you will be there every step of the way, working with your team to ensure our brand promise is fulfilled to your clients—Whatever/Whenever! You closed the deal?! Awesome! Now hit repeat!
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Well rounded in all markets/segmentation. Primary focus will be in Transient Sales (Special Corporate).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Handles customer inquiries and acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property sales.
- Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined peak room parameters.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Partners with the sales team to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group Sales peak room parameters of the Sales Office.
- Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management.
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Conducts site inspections, as required.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops relationship with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19153726?%3Flang=en-us/&src=JB-11
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: W Toronto takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.