Primary Location: Canada-Winnipeg-The Fairmont Winnipeg
Employee Status: Regular
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to assigned sales team members; including preparing all client proposals and contracts
- Responds to client inquiries
Assist in qualifying leads by researching availability and historical client information
Obtain and record account information including rate loading and competitive analysis
Enters all inquiry bookings into Opera Sales & Catering and various other proposal submission platforms
Assists with coordinating client site inspections of the hotel and client hosted events (attendance may be required)
- Maintains the current sales and promotional literature and has a complete knowledge of the hotel’s services & facilities
- Ensures prompt, courteous and professional service
- Works with other departments within the hotel to ensure the distribution of pertinent information and fosters a productive work environment
- Prepares a variety of reports including month-end, account production and client data spreadsheets
- Attends all sales meetings; both weekly and monthly
- Understands completely the Colleague Handbook and adheres to the regulations contained therein
- Carries out any other responsibilities as requested by the assigned Sales Managers and Director of Sales
- Demonstrates Fairmont Service Promise Standards and Fairmont Values in all interactions with both colleagues and guests
- Adhering to all colleague health and safety responsibilities
- Adhering to the hotel’s environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Confidentiality, reliability, diplomacy and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure are essential
- Articulate and professional
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and service skills
- Ability to use own initiative and make decisions where appropriate
- Hospitality/Business Administration program or a University Degree preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook skills with some exposure to Opera Sales & Catering and or Property Manager System (PMS)
- Candidates must be recommended on Sales Fairmont Selection Interview
Preference will be given to candidates who are seeking to develop into a Sales Manager role within the hotel/company
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!