Our client is the pre-eminent supplier of poultry industry products and services worldwide.
A very competitive compensation package plus commission, company vehicle or car allowance, and benefits.
The successful candidate will become the key representative within the sales region for the following:
- Existing customers for any new requirements or ongoing product support and service requirements.
- New customers to service any potential requirements for company products and services.
- Channel or strategic partners as well as industry associations.
The Regional Sales Manager, Canada will be responsible primarily for Sales of all products in Canada. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales, North America. The position is regarded as an intermediate sales position and involves direct management of new and existing customer sales relationships within the sales area and responsibility for activities related achieving the sales budget within this region.
The position will be expected to coordinate closely with the Service, Marketing and Inside Sales departments and to service existing customers, new customer requirements and promote client's products within the sales region. As well, the position will be required to coordinate, where necessary, with other members of the global Sales Team and participate in internal Sales activities such as regional or global sales meetings.
- Manage all commercial and market aspects of customer, potential customer, channel/strategic partner and industry relationships.
- Provide active funnel management reporting using the corporate sales management system (Zoho).
- Provide regular reporting of marketing activity plans, sales funnel projections against budget, key sales strategies (general and customer specific), potential and captured customer status and any other relevant reporting to the Area Sales Manager.
- Provide sales marketing inputs to yearly budgeting process for the territory.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of client's solutions, the value of these solutions to customers/prospective customer's business objectives and advantages of these solutions with respect to competitive offerings in the market.
- Organize and effectively communicate this knowledge to customers, potential customers and strategic partners to promote brand recognition, loyalty and develop potential prospects for the company Products and Services in the territory.
- Professionally manage leads of key prospective customers, in a timely manner, through a successful sales cycle by employing appropriate analysis of customer requirements, proposing and promoting the best company solution and ensuring the customer fully understands the benefits of the proposed solution with respect to other competitive offerings.
- Understand and utilize strategic selling techniques to analyze and employ winning strategies for specific projects, tender responses, competitive issues and negotiations in order to close sales and ensure sales targets are met.
- Travel to partners, existing or potential customer sites and/or accompany potential customers to the Cambridge HQ and manufacturing location or to other customer sites.
- Continually gather and evaluate all relevant information about market developments, customer investments, market forecasts and share this information internally, with strategic or industry partners and with other customers where appropriate.
- Gather and internally communicate information to senior management, staff, other department heads and strategic sales partners concerning competitor's activities, solutions and pricing.
- In coordination with the marketing department, plan and implement marketing activities, such as trade shows, seminars and industry association events, in-line with the initiatives of the parent company, to promote company solutions and generate potential customer leads.
- Broaden and further develop strategic partners or industry participants that are able to promote or add value to company solutions as well as links to industry associations in order to ensure market coverage and brand recognition.
- Maintain relevant and up to date information on company customers and regularly communicate to these customers developments of interest at the company.
- Provide marketing input, based on market feedback, into new product development and market support for new product introductions.
- Coordinate with Service by communicating customer delivery requirements, installation readiness, installation start up and needed customer support.
- Ensure that company solutions are providing promised value to customers, and if not, constructively communicate issues to Service, assist in coordinating corrective actions in a timely fashion and ensure that actions taken meet customer expectations.
- Provide sales support for spare parts requirements, ensuring customer needs are satisfied and customers have access to needed spare parts in a timely fashion.
- Sound judgement in all company matters and private.
- A high level of professional conduct which will earn and maintain the respect of other employees, partners and customers.
- 3-5 years of regional sales experience (with activity preferred in the stated operational area preferred).
- Familiarity with selling industrial capital equipment as part of a larger customer project.
- Familiarity with typical sales cycles of 6-12 months and tender/contract negotiations with value of US$500,000 to US$10 million.
- Specific experience in the poultry incubator/hatcher sales is highly desirable, but not a requirement.
- Specific experience in poultry industry sales is desirable, but not a requirement.
- A strong track record of individual sales achievements in complex, technical, niche market solutions is desired.
- Industry knowledge in the areas of poultry biology and the poultry supply chain (specifically hatcheries) is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of basic HVAC, hydraulics/pneumatics, and/or electronics controls is also highly desirable.
- Good understanding of the organization, function and flow of a sales department within a company, and the interaction between sales and other functional areas of a company.
- Training, either formal or self-taught, in strategic selling techniques and excellent understanding of the sales cycle and sales processes.
- Good understanding of marketing techniques appropriate to B2B marketing and lead generation.
- Strong commercial contract knowledge and experience with tenders.
- Excellent customer/account management and negotiation skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work remotely for extended period.
- High level of self-discipline, self-motivation and organization.
- Ability to self-manage to achieve yearly objectives.
- Capable of earning and keeping the trust of others.
- A highly developed sense of "fair play" combined with highly competitive nature.
- A University or College level Diploma in Commerce/Business or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is a minimum requirement.
- Both of the above in some accredited combination would be preferred.
Yes ndash; 50% travel.
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Deborah Milo: http://stoakley.com/meet-deborah-milo/
Sales | Marketing
November 29, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision