- Meet deadlines, establish an appropriate priority level of assigned tasks, and get the job done in a timely manner.
- Answer customers’ questions on products and distribution and provide solutions/recommendations by having a strong understanding of Grimco’s top selling and basic product lines (as well as competitive products and brands).
- Enter orders, customer information, and purchasing trends into our various computer systems (Infor SX Enterprise, CRM etc.).
- Understand Grimco departmental processes including accounting, purchasing, resolutions, and manufacturing.
- Receive calls from local and regional customers (approximately 50 calls per day).
- Proactively call existing customers to research trends/needs, relationship management, follow-up, etc. (approximately 30 calls per day).
- Promote daily/weekly/monthly specials via inside sales call projects.
- Maintain a positive and productive attitude.
- Contribute to all sales and GP goals.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and duties (catalog/sample mailings, brochures, warehouse, special event planning and execution, etc.) to support team members and grow our business.
- Be on time to work and all other appointments.
- 0-5 Years Previous Sales, Marketing, or Customer Service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university (final semester applicants welcome).
- Computer literate – MS Office Suite, Internet navigation, and order entry experience.
- Confidence and positive attitude are a MUST! Goal-oriented and competitive in sales/marketing activities.
- Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work hard and smart – never satisfied with the status quo.
- Ability to take direction and to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and true commitment to customers.
- Drive personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement available) to outside sales appointments – must have current registration and valid license.
- Travel for sales visits, special events, and training (local/regional travel 5-25% of time)
- Bachelor's Degree with Major/Concentration in an area of Business/Communications.
- Cumulative GPA > 3.15
- Infor CloudSuite Distribution ERP system experience; CRM database experience.
- 3 weeks of focused training time (1 week Edmonton, 2 weeks to be determined).
- Majority of time training is focused on: products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports.
- Split between break-out session and hands-on learning environment.
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks and achieve goals.
- Full-time salary includes training period.
- Travel accommodations and expenses provided per Grimco Canada Travel & Expense Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
What makes Grimco Special?
- We're excited for our 143rd year in business! We are a growing company that continues to evolve in our industry.
- We foster employee development that is focused on tailoring employees career paths based on their talents, strengths, and interests.
- We have fantastic teams throughout North America and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed and educated supplier in the industry.
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at Grimco:
Those who are successful at Grimco demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must have a strong desire to provide exceptional customer service and sell. They must also possess the drive to make an immediate impact on a growing company.
Grimco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immediate Opening. Full-Time Employment Status. Salaried Compensation with Eligibility to Participate in Company Commission & Incentive Plans. Employee Benefits Package Including: RRSP, Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Dependant Coverage, Travel Insurance, Grimco Cares Employee Assistance Fund, Perkopolis Discount Program, Paid Personal & Sick Time, Holiday, & Vacation Accrual.