Drake International is searching for a Sales Associate for our client, North America's largest distributor of decorative surfaces, high-grade hardwood lumber, sheet goods, architectural millwork and non-structural architectural grade building products to the residential and commercial construction markets.
Reporting to Branch Manager, the Sales Associate will start as Sales Trainee, who will learn all sales and operational aspects of the business from the ground up. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Actively manage and grow a dedicated sales territory that includes a large, pre-existing customer base.
- Understand each customer's needs to provide real, effective solutions.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Generate detailed, professional quotes.
- Develop leads and prospect new business opportunities using a variety of sources in order to promote sales growth.
- Process orders in a timely manner, and exhibit thorough follow-up.
- Work to continually advance and improve knowledge of product and industry trends.
- Manage and maintain appropriate stock levels for the area's program inventory.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills are a must.
- Desire to work in a customer-centric sales role.
- Ability to upsell.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong telephone presence.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel a plus).
- Sense of urgency.
- Positive, proactive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to work well independently and to effectively multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive base salary.
- Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life.
- RRSP employer match.
- Generous paid vacation time.
- As part of the unique development program, the Sales Trainees work in the warehouse for a minimum of 3 months. Working in the warehouse provides valuable experience on how different types of sales, purchasing, and products affect the business. The warehouse experience will impact the decisions our trainees make as they grow into sales, and potentially purchasing and management roles over time. Our hands-on method is essential to develop the knowledge and expertise required to become part of the best trained sales force in the industry.
- In addition to our on-the-job training, we are proud to offer an exceptional Sales Training Program that was specifically developed for our company
If you want to take on new challenges and be part of a reputable and experienced team, then you are the person we are looking for!
Drake wishes to thank you for your submission. Should your resume meet the job requirements, we will contact you. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website - https:// ca.drakeintl.com; join the Drake Talent Network; it's free, simple and quick.
$3,800.00 - $4,000.00 /month