Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
Sample Logistics Technician, Food Science & Safety Services (Food Microbiology)
TALENT POOL ONLY – For Future Employment Opportunities
As a Sample Logistics Technician, your responsibilities are to:
- Unpack samples (g. breads, meats, cheeses, etc.) and organize them according to analytical requirements..
- Review paperwork against samples received
- Identify and report all concerns with submissions, which may include concerns regarding:
- Received time and temperature
- Condition of the samples received
- Missing or extra samples
- Sampling date issues
- Review of analysis requests
- Escalate issues to senior staff as needed
- Input information into LIMS – data entry
- Create and organize paperwork such as job entry sheets, worksheets, COCs, etc.
- Sort and distribute all samples appropriately for downstream processes.
- Maintain an appropriate level of accuracy and efficiency
- Prioritize and manage work based on provided guidelines
- Collaborate with internal clients to resolve operations issues
- Coordinate with team members to ensure that critical deadlines are met.
- Strict adherence to policies, procedures, work instructions, other documents, and requirements.
- Create and maintain a clean, sanitary, neat/tidy, safe/secure working environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and appearance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
You are an ideal Sample Logistics Technician if you have [Minimum Requirements]:
- An excellent attention to detail
- A can-do attitude, self-starter; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Energetic, positive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changes is required, ability to multi-task when needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as engage with others when required.
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs unaided and repetitive lifting of 1 to 20lbs as required.
- Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights, weekends, on-call and overtime as per business requirements.
- A high school diploma
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in a laboratory environment is an asset
- Microbiology and chemistry knowledge is an asset
- Previous data entry experience is an asset
**This location receives a wide variety of food products in which incumbents can come into contact. Common food products include (but are not limited to) eggs, milk, mustard, nuts of all sorts, seafood, sesame, soy, sulphites, tree nuts, wheat, raw meat, flavoured liquid, beer and wine**
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
- Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility. This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust