Our client is a well-established food processing company. They are committed to quality and innovation while providing competitive products to support private labels and national brands.
A very competitive compensation package in a superb organization.
As the Sanitation Supervisor, you will organize, plan, and control all aspects of the Sanitation department. You will collaborate with other employees while ensuring that all objectives are met while maintaining an overall positive and productive workplace. This positon will be supporting the evening shift: 10:30 PM ndash; 6:30 AM.
- Ensure sanitation efforts align with HACCP, SQF, CFIA, GMP, and Health Safety stands.
- Monitor food safety and quality control. Report immediate concerns to Production leadership team.
- Act as the Health Safety subject-matter expert: research and purchase PPE, sanitation equipment, and chemicals.
- Monitor and track chemical usage and sanitation logs ensuring information is relevant as per internal audit standards. Lead Incident Investigations by gathering information and administering disciplinary actions.
- Train new employees on SOPs, performance expectations, and health and safety practices to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Monitor machinery and quickly perform minor repairs to reduce downtime.
- Conduct weekly and monitory inventory physical counts.
- Create a positive and productive work environment, respond to grievances at primary stage.
- Align human capital with product demand by scheduling overtime hours as needed.
- Lead monthly staff and health and safety meetings.
- Work closely with Production, Maintenance, and Shipper/Receiving departments to ensure lines are operable with daily product schedule, regulatory guidelines, and company standards.
- Other administrative and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in a Food Manufacturing and/or Processing environment.
- Post-secondary or equivalent graduate from a recognized food and/or science education program.
- Prior experience in a unionized work environment.
- Good judgement, leadership skills, goal oriented thinking and autonomy.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven leadership, problem solving, coaching/mentoring and training skills.
- Proven ability to handle conflict, align performance for success and initiate action.
Post-secondary or equivalent graduate from a recognized food and/or science education program.
Donna Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Donna Turner: http://stoakley.com/meet-donna-turner/
October 9, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision