Responsible and accountable for completing routine and non-routine cleaning and sanitation activities (daily, weekly, monthly, and annual) in accordance with Q&FS standards, QMP procedures, and site master sanitation schedule requirements. Provides support to the manufacturing facility in the effective use of chemicals, cleaning processes, and sanitation equipment.
- Perform basic housekeeping including sanitation of production equipment and facilities including floors, walls, ceiling, air vents, lights, etc.
- Utilize continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Support on non-routine tasks, associated special projects, testing, and one-time events
- Follow company policies, good manufacturing practices (GMP's), and standard operating procedures
- Test and record cleaning processes and sanitizer concentrations
- Ensure all cleaning and sanitation records are filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information in accordance with Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize cleaning equipment in a safe and responsible manner, reporting any damaged or unsafe equipment
- Both routine and non-routine operation (as required) of specialized cleaning machinery such as vacuum cleaners, dry ice machine, floor scrubbers and mechanical lifts
- Adhere to all required work safe practices to assure a safe environment for yourself and others. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc. Maintain open communication with site safety committee and site safety manager
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, reaching, stooping, twisting, turning, kneeling, standing for extended time periods, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work at elevated heights/on engineered platforms and in confined spaces
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt, and chemicals
- Reliable, punctual, energetic and conscientious
- Willing to work on holidays and weekends as frequently required
- Willingness to work between the hours of 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Sunday on a 5 day schedule, with OT required as business needs dictate
- High School Diploma/ Equivalent Degree Required
- 2 years' work experience in sanitation and cleaning in a dry food plant Preferred
- Knowledge of GMP and 5S practices Preferred
- Knowledge of Microbiology is an asset
- Ability to operate forklift is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and team player, be able to work well with others
- Flexibility is a must as you need to be willing to perform various tasks as required
- Positive and professional attitude, self-motivated, action and solution oriented
- Someone who takes pride in a clean work environment and is driven to support a team
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world's pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.