SAP BI Architect
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Director of IT
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position is accountable for creating the vision and a roadmap for an enterprise-wide BI reporting and analytics platform. The SAP BI Architect provides functional, technical and architectural leadership for SAP BI platform.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements and the subsequent design and development of strategic solutions that support our BI ecosystem.
- Provide BI technical and architectural guidance, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective data reporting.
- Identifying and analyze data sources and gathering business requirements working with stakeholders to define target SAP BI solution architecture.
- Creating functional designs for the data warehouse (including logical data model design and mapping data from source to target).
- Configuration of SAP Business Warehouse, this includes both SAP BW objects and ECC based BW Extractors/User Exits.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the data models and reports including current and future state.
- Responsible for managing and implementing robust processes aligned to business objectives and deliver continuous improvement.
- Develops functional specifications with cross-functional groups that address potential data sources, business and performance metrics.
- Business analysis as well as planning and implementing projects for analytics applications, data warehouses, dashboards, and data visualization.
- Apply architectural standards to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, security, reliability, flexibility and availability.
- Design a process to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issue.
- Develop proof of concepts to showcase SAP BI tool functionality to the end users and management audience including report and dashboards.
- Ability to gain buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Build strong relationships with key business partners and collaborate effectively to resolve issues around the business processes.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other team members.
- University degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Information Systems, or related field required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in SAP BI/BW required with at least three full life cycle implementation of SAP BI tools.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in SAP FICO or MM/SD/PP module with at least one full life cycle implementation.
- Must Have experience in SAP Hana, S4Hana or BW4Hana
- Strong business analysis skills and experience, including functional decomposition, requirements gathering and process modelling.
- Strong knowledge of relational and data warehouse data structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Understanding of KPI’s, finance, costing, procurement, manufacturing and sales and marketing concepts.
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools and information management and master data structures.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- SAP BI / SAP FICO/ SAP MM/ SAP SD certification desired.
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is one of the world’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information