Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) Administrator/ Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Govern the end-to-end planning cycle of business users through Sales, Cost, HR, Income Statement, Balance Sheet planning, Cash flow
- Responsible for the documentation, communication, and management of the EPM (BPC) 10.1 system
- Work as a resource to roll out new BPC functionality, enhancements, and improvements for financial reporting
- Developing financial and ad hoc reporting to support the end users in BPC
- Developing & managing interfaces/integration between local systems (SAP ECC / SAP FC / BW)
- Developing & managing interactive end user reporting supported by BI tool
- Communicate status and document system changes to the appropriate business levels
- Training new and existing users on current and new functionality
- Manage and maintain master data in BPC
- Troubleshoot transactional data discrepancies
- Manage all facets of the BPC web client
- Manage data and information requests through use of BPC application
- To provide financial analysis on company results, forecasts and plans
- Work with Corporate Controlling to ensure reported results, forecasts and plans are accurate and variance communicated ad understood.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Ability to provide direction/advice as needed with end users
- Ability to translate business needs into BPC solutions
- Ability to communicate BPC technical matter in business terminology
- Experienced in governance, controls, process and procedures, master data management, and information integrity
- Have a full understanding of all BPC/EPM web client functions (security, work status, Business Process Flows, Business Rules, etc.)
- Full Understanding of the EPM add-in, report/input building, EPM functions, and the EPM formatting sheet
- Skilled in report writing/financial modeling in SAP BPC/EPM
- Skilled in input template development and maintenance
- Fully understand BPC Data manager, its usage and maintenance
- Good understanding of SAP GUI interface in relation to BPC functions
- Above average computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in training/building training material
- Strong financial understanding to support Financial Planning and Analysis team with detailed analysis requests.
- Use BPC data to provide high quality analysis support to users
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports to executive committee
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Assist in all Financial Planning activities with respect forecasting and budgeting
Relationship with Other Jobs:
- Highly visible role providing financial analysis supporting CEO and CFO.
- Constant liaising, validating, challenging finance teams
- Working closely with other corporate finance groups eg Treasury, Tax, Risk etc
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Accountancy or Finance
Work Experience: 5-7 years
Travel Requirements: Minimal <10%
Computer and Software Skills: MS Office, Google suite, SAP, BPC, BW, BI
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills
- Self-starting, flexible and responsive; able to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks/assignments within specified deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, as well as internal and external customers
- Effective planning and organizational skills (balancing multiple tasks and assignments within specified deadlines including ability to articulate project status to supervisor, other team members and customers)
- Strong computer skills, including spread sheet and database applications
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, MBA/CPA/CFA/CMA a plus
- SAP BPC training
- Preferred skill BPC super user
- Previous SAP / BW / BI experience preferred
- Previous FP&A experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.