SAS Programmer job description:
OCANDS, at the Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto, works with child welfare data from societies across Ontario. We harmonize data from different systems using in-house ETL tools and link them to data from other systems. We do quantitative research and provide data back to agencies in the form of an online dynamic querying system. We also create portals to allow workers to securely connect and input data for various studies.
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator and Senior programmers, the incumbent is responsible for providing support on the development of technology-based solutions to meet OCANDS' IT needs. As a member of the OCANDS programming team, the incumbent assists senior programmers. Key responsibilities include: preparing datasets for research, writing procedures for calculating indicator results, maintaining SAS macros, validating results with agencies, adhering to established standards and conventions, documenting, testing, conducting maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- At least 1 year related experience working as a software developer, preferably in a post-secondary institution
- Comfortable working in a linux environment
- Excellent understanding and experience with querying and managing relational databases
- Familiarity and experience in authoring and maintaining technical documents
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail while meeting overall project goals and deadlines
- University Degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience programming in SAS Base environment
This is a 5 month term position, with the possibility of renewal.