We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations.
We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, Jasper, the Sawridge Executive Chef is responsible for supervising the food preparation and presentation. The Sawridge Executive Chef provides the operation with a variety of foods to meet the needs of various food outlets and banquets.
- Lead, train and coordinate work for kitchen personnel
- Accountable for all Sawridge F&B Outlets including a la carte dining, banquets and room service functions
- Supervise and coordinate all personnel engaged in preparing and cooking foods in culinary activities
- Estimate food consumption; requisition to purchase food
- Select and develop recipes
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards
- Plan and price menus
- Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance
- Ensure proper safety (HACCP) and sanitation in kitchen
- Oversee special catering events; offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrations of culinary techniques
- Assist the Executive Chef, Jasper with hiring, coaching and performance reviews
- Reports to the Executive Chef, Jasper
- Collaborate with the wider Jasper and BJC Culinary team
- Assist in alternate Pursuit F&B Venues as directed by the Executive Chef, Jasper or Corporate Executive Chef
- Other duties as required
- AOS/BS in Culinary Arts or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of industry and culinary management experience in high volume
- Dynamic and motivated leader who creates an engaged and enthusiastic team food service and restaurant operations
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service
- Knowledge of the latest sanitation and HACCP standards
- Ability to control cost of food and labour
- Understanding, support and development of sustainable cuisine
- Experience in demonstration cooking
- People management and culinary leadership experience
- Personnel development and training
- Organizational skills and ability to introduce or implement and execute the Banff Jasper Collection’s culinary program and brand development
- To honour our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.