Job DescriptionJob Title: SchedulerWork Site: Central Community Health Centre - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Casual Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $23.70 - $25.69 per hourHours: 07:00-15:00; 08:30-16:30; 14:30-22:30 with rotating days offReference#: 115051-nma
JOB SUMMARY:Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, Scheduler is responsible to perform a variety of scheduling and administrative support functions. Plans and adjusts Community Care Assistant (CCA) schedules in advance and allocates work assignments to CCA in accordance with client referrals, care plans and applicable collective agreements. Responds to inquiries related to the scheduling of Home Support Services. Utilizes on-line systems and/or completes appropriate documentation to process employee transactions such as employment requisitions, transfers, requests for vacation, leaves of absence and terminations. Maintains timekeeping records for staff. Supports clients and employees in a dynamic and high-paced call center.QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, plus two years’ recent related experience coordinating, preparing and adjusting home support schedules or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in Customer Service and/or a high paced call Centre is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard 6500 keystrokes per hour.
- Working knowledge of applicable collective agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressures, to multi-task, and to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to schedule Community Care Assistance for client visits.
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate action.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Proficiency in the application of software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated skill in respectful, diplomatic and tactful communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm when communicating in difficult situations.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.