Care Coordinator – Edmonton
We Care, part of CBI Health Group, one of the largest network of integrated community health services in Canada. We offer rehabilitation, home health, neurodevelopment and workplace health services across the country.
If making a difference in the lives of others is a priority for you as a professional, and you enjoy working alongside engaged front-line staff to ensure client satisfaction, CBI Health Group has an opportunity offering competitive compensation as well as the chance to meet your career goals.
As a Care Coordinator within our Edmonton Office, on ensuring a positive patient and family experience by effectively scheduling direct care providers in the community to meet the requirements of patient care plans. You’ll be part of a team of Care Coordinators working diligently to provide as much consistency of care as possible while meeting the scheduling requirements of both patients and care providers. Frequently problem-solving, you’ll be the central point of contact for patients and families, care providers and referral sources. Effective care coordination is an important element of service delivery; as a result, you must be driven to help others in a compassionate and caring way while balancing the pressures to deliver on scheduling requirements.
As a Care Coordinator, you will:
• Use scheduling software effectively to fulfill patients’ care plans
• Provide field staff with accurate schedules on a weekly basis
• Ensure care providers are scheduled effectively and efficiently
• Communicate effectively with care providers to ensure schedules are carried out
• Communicate with patients and families when schedule challenges arise, and problem-solve effectively
• Maintain accurate records of care provider availability
• Maintain continuity of care whenever possible
• Take into consideration the individual needs of patients (and families), and of care providers, when making decisions
• Maintain accessibility by phone for patients, care providers, referral sources and other stakeholders
• Actively pursue positive relationships with care providers and patients
• Follow up appropriately on missed visits
• Liaise with Care Supervisors to share patient and care provider feedback
• Resolve or escalate, as required, client concerns/issues
• Ensure dated notes are timely and clear, and contain appropriate and required information
• Ensure accurate, timely documentation and/or phone calls, both external and internal
• Respond to faxes and emails in a timely manner
• Prepare daily performance and tracking reports in a timely manner
• Enter all critical and relevant information into the system for appropriate follow-up and documentation
• Escalate appropriate concerns or risks for review and/or follow-up.
To take on the role of Care Coordinator, you must:
• Have customer service experience
• Have computer skills
• Demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette
• Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
• Be able to empathize with the complexity and difficulty of each client or field staff situation
• Be a detail-oriented, adaptable and customer-focused team player
• Combine strong interpersonal skills with analytical problem-solving abilities
• Be self-directed, goal-oriented and able to manage time and priorities
• Possess medical knowledge or a medical background, and supervisory skills will be considered assets
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place.
In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and caregivers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day.
Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
Care Coordinator – Edmonton