Fusion Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing targeted alpha therapeutics to cure cancers. Using its proprietary Fast-Clear Linker Technology platform, Fusion attaches medical isotopes to targeting molecules creating novel, next-generation radiopharmaceuticals. In preclinical studies, the company has shown the ability to precisely target and effectively kill solid tumor cells while minimizing the impact to healthy tissue. Fusion's lead program, FPI-1434, is currently in Phase 1 development.
As a Scientist Radiochemist, you will work as part of a team that is responsible for the discovery, production, development, validation, and advancement of the next generation of radiotherapeutics and nuclear imaging probes. The specific focus of the position will be to design, conduct, and report on synthetic experiments in support of a broad range of preclinical, translational and clinical development activities.
This position is located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Responsibilities and job tasks may include
- Radiolabeling method development and troubleshooting
- Production of radiolabeled compounds in support of the discovery program
- Design and prepare new synthetic scaffolds that leverage the properties of radiotherapeutics and nuclear imaging probes
- Liaise with current/potential research clients and industrial partners
- Support the team communications in disseminating the results, which may come in the form of writing reports, presenting at workshops and submitting manuscripts and patents
- Keep informed of the latest technical developments in nuclear medicine and related fields
- Contribute to the organization and maintenance of the laboratory
- Recognized post-secondary education in radiochemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, or a related discipline
- PhD, with 0-5 years or M.Sc. with 5-10 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Proven ability to work independently with strong communication skills, including proficiency in the English language
- Excel working in a collaborative environment as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize projects and manage timelines
- Appreciation for the small company mentality flexible and innovative