Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
From its first helicopter manufacturing facility in 1984 to the production of A220 Family single-aisle jetliners today, Airbus has significantly increased its presence in Canada.
Airbus' ties to Canada were deepened in October 2017 when Airbus sought to acquire a majority stake in the C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership (renamed Airbus Canada Limited Partnership in June 2019), the entity that manufactures and sells Bombardier's single-aisle C Series jets- rebranded the A220 Family, with its two versions designated the A220-100 and A220-300. The partnership markets, manufactures and supports the A220 Family worldwide.
In your role, you will:
- Lead an engineering team responsible of the A220 EWIS integration for entire aircraft. Being responsible with your team to integrate, design, analyze and support various EWIS related projects such as but not limited to: Manage design change request to resolve design deficiencies and define product improvements, manage harness supplier, support production with Non-Conformance-Report (NCR)
- Provide short to medium term vision for the team's responsibilities, to meet or exceed company objectives
- Drive and inspire team members to optimize A220 wiring design and align with program priorities
- Provide technical leadership and establish master plans, develop metrics and establish team governance to provide accurate and relevant reporting of team performance.
- Engage your team and maintain high level of team performance
- Be responsible for your team's resources and development needs
- Prioritize your team's activities as aligned with your engineering manager
- Coordinate problem resolution with all involved stakeholders, including other team's management and executives.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor degree in aerospace with electrical specialization, or in Electrical engineering with at least 10 years' experience in aerospace in the field of Electrical or EWIS, with great leadership skills
- You have a good understanding of engineering change management
- You have good knowledge of EWIS aircraft regulations
- You are familiar with support to production and non-conformance-Report (NCR)
- You possess excellent knowledge of electrical system installation and electrical design technical requirements in aerospace
- You possess strong leadership skills, and are able to plan and organize work with a team, to ensure it achieves or exceed its goals
- You are an energetic person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment
- You have strong French and English written/verbal communication skills.
Please upload your resume in French and English.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Canada Limited Partnershipprovides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for North American positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment.