Hiring for a Senior Legal Assistant in Downtown Calgary with Securities and Capital Markets experience
Your new company
Our client, a large firm in Downtown Calgary, is seeking a Legal Assistant to join their Securities and Capital Markets group. In this position, you will provide support for their lawyers on an as needed basis, as well as special projects as they arise.
Your new role
In this role, you will be tasked to (but will not be limited to):
- Manage all administrative tasks, including email/calendar management, processing of expenses, arranging travel for direct reports with appropriate itineraries, etc.;
- Filter incoming calls/mail/email and follow-up on various information requests, including responding to client queries, and rerouting responses appropriately to ensure high level of client service and responsiveness;
- Monitor and track client matter workflow progress and maintain client status list, including liaising with Associates / Partners to obtain working file status, maintaining bring forward/tickler system of tasks, and identifying areas of action;
- Manage/prepare agendas, coordinate/prepare meetings and materials, appointments, etc.;
- Organize own work, set priorities, work independently on a day-to-day basis, meet critical deadlines and balance multiple objectives;
- Develop effective team and working relationships with Firm members at all levels;
- Manage filing and file organization, both electronic and paper;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Completion of a Legal Administration Certification or Diploma and minimum ten (10) years of experience in a legal support role, with extensive experience within Securities and Capital Markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required;
- Strong client service skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and format errors);
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision, take initiative and self-motivated;
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the team;
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook calendar and email management required along with experience with travel and itinerary planning);
- Experience managing a high volume of emails with timely responsiveness;
- Ability to work overtime on occasion during high volume periods.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive package, the ability to grow and move up in your career, have the opportunity to work for an industry leader and be a part of a great working culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.