VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Security Analyst, AWS, PKI, DRP, BCP, position number: 9628, Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 416-366-2600 Ext. 225
Position No.: 9628
Title: Security Analyst, AWS, PKI, DRP, BCP
No. of Positions: 1
We are looking for a great security analyst to help drive the development, sustainability, and operations of our Cloud Computing and on premise network and compute environments. Candidate will be helping to secure customer facing and internal workflow applications to meet internal stakeholder requirements.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possesses a strong background in Ethernet and IP networks. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential.
The candidate is expected to have a good understanding of; and knowledge to implement security controls related to industry standards such as NIST and ISO27001.
- To provide direction for AWS best-practice guidance for securing systems on AWS: Identity and Access Management.
- Can help and direct teams implementing a strong identity foundation.
- Detective controls.
- Direct and identify, enable traceability, logging, monitoring, alerting, and audit actions and changes.
- AWS Infrastructure protection.
- Assist in securing VPC, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch logging, DynamoDB security, SES AWS technologies and protect data of the organization.
- Identify opportunities to implement Data encryption.
- In-depth knowledge of firewall configuration, internet protocols, vulnerability assessments, anti-virus, encryption technologies, PKI, two factor authentication, wireless security, malware and intrusion detection practices.
- Familiar with common encryption technologies such as SSL/TLS, 3DES, AES, Blowfish.
- Good knowledge of industry standard frameworks (eg. ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, CMMI).
- Exposure to DRP/BCP planning and testing
- Should have experience using Security vulnerability assessment tools such as SNORT, NMAP, NESSUS or Acunetix.
- Certifications including CISSP and/or CISA are preferred.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in an Information Security field.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Security field.
- Experience with AWS Security Architectures.
- Experience with cloud technologies, providers, and application design considerations.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including influencing, collaborating, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to lead and manage small projects and proof of concepts.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that varying IT and Business Teams may understand.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering.
- Clear understanding of ITIL and Change Management processes.
- Proficient with MS Office suite including MS Project and Visio.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving skill and creative thinking.
- Team Player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to execute projects.
- Proven ability to initiate & improve work processes to increase efficiencies.
- Knowledge of networking and distributed computing.
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.